click to view
- 10/11/19: “Nicole” CC/AA,Boy Due Jan. 2020 Time 4:40pm EST – No longer accepting profiles, waiting for further updates
- 10/10/19: “Sam” CC/CCorAA, Unknown Due Nov. 2019 Time 12:00pm EST
- 10/7/19: “Denise” AA, Unknown Due May. 2020 Time 5:00pm EST
- 10/6/19: “Audrey” CC, BOY- Due Jan. 2020 Time 10:05am EST – MATCHED!
- 10/5/19: “Danielle” AA, Unknown- Due March. 2020 Time 5:00pm EST
- 10/4/19: “Yetta” AA, Unknown- Due Jan. 2020 Time 8:00pm EST
- 10/4/19: “Precious” AA, Boy- Due March. 2020 Time 8:00pm EST
- 10/4/19: “Katelyn” CC, Unknown- Due. 2020 Time 8:00pm EST Matched!
- 09/24/19: “Ann” AA, Girl- Due Jan. 2020 Time 8:00pm EST
- 09/24/19: “Miranda” AA/CC, Unknown- Due March. 2020 Time 4:00pm EST
- 09/24/19: “Shyron” Caucasian, Unknown- Due March. 2020 Time 1:00pm EST – MATCHED!
- 09/23/19: “Tiffany” Hispanic, Unknown- Due March. 2020 Time 4:20pm EST – Matched!
- 09/20/19: “Coriana” AA GIRL- Due Nov. 2019 Time 10:20am EST – MATCHED!
- 09/20/19: “Noel” – Caucasian-Boy – Due Dec. 2019 Time 10:20am EST – MATCHED!
- 09/17/19: “Jazmine” – Hispanic Native – Unknown – Due Jan. 2020 Time 1:03pm EST – MATCHED!
- 09/17/19: “Jordon” – Caucasian GIRL – Due Oct. 2019 Time 6:42am EST – MATCHED!
- 09/04/19: “Misty” -Hispanic,/Caucasian/Unknown – Due April. 2020 Time12:46pm EST Matched!
- 09/12/19: “Callie” -Caucasian/Unknown – Due Jan 2020 Time 10:25am EST – MATCHED!
- 09/12/19: “Ahyanna” -African American/TWINS/BOYS – Due Jan 2020 Time 9:50am EST – MATCHED!
- 09/10/19: “Kimberly” -African American/TWINS/GIRL-BOY – Due NOV. 2019 Time 5:21pm EST – Placing with family
- 08/08/19: “April” – CC/AA Boy Due Jan. 2020 Time 1:45pm EST – MATCHED!
- 09/04/19: “Lynette” -African American/ Girl – Due Feb. 2020 Time 12:46pm EST – MATCHED!
- 08/29/19: “Feea” -Hispanic,/Caucasian BOY Due March. 2020 Time 5:21pm EST –No longer receiving profiles – interviewing families she likes. – MATCHED!
- 08/16/19: “Nicole” -CAUCASIAN/HISPANIC Due Feb.. 2020 Time 5:04pm EST –MATCHED!
- 08/16/19: “Cali” – Caucasian/Hispanic/African American BOY Due Jan.. 2020 Time 5:04pm EST- MATCHED!
- 09/04/19: “Krista” African American Boy – Due Nov. 2019 Time 12:46pm EST – MATCHED!
- 09/04/19: “Daria” -Hispanic,/Caucasian Girl – Due Oct. 2019 Time 12:46pm EST-MATCHED!
- 08/29/19: “Ljayla” -Hispanic, Native, African American Unknown Due Oct. 2019 Time 4:21pm EST- MATCHED!
- 08/28/19: “Lydia” -Hispanic Girl Due Feb. 2020 Time 5:21pm EST – MATCHED!
- 08/28/19: “Florida Mom” -African American -Unknown Due Sept. 2019 Time 4:45pm EST – MATCHED!
- 08/24/19: “Kelly” -Caucasian Boy Due Dec. 2019 Time 4:45pm EST – MATCHED!
Archive – Past Situations
Important Information For Prospective Adoptive Parents
What is an adoption situation?
On occasion, we are contacted by a prospective birth mother (or the adoption professional who is representing them), who have been unable to find adoptive parents with the specific characteristics that the mother is looking for.
Known as “available adoption situations” or “pop-up situations,” these situations are often opened up to interested adoptive families beyond those already working with the adoption professional, in hopes of finding an adoptive family with which she feels comfortable to move forward with her adoption plan.
What makes these particular situations available?
- The adoption professional or agency doesn’t have any waiting available adoptive families that match the criteria that the birth mother is looking for.
- The birth mother decided on adoption very late in her pregnancy and needs to find an adoptive family in a very short period of time.
- The birth mother requires additional financial assistance
- The birth mother has certain items in her social or medical background
- The birth mother has asked for a very specific type of adoption plan
- The child is already born and needs a family ASAP – no time to waste!
- For other unique reasons that don’t fit the above criteria
I’m interested in one of your available situations. Can you present my family profile to the birth mother?
As a general rule, we inform the members of our site about available situations first. If they are interested, we will submit their profile to the birth mother for review. If AFMC does not have any members that match the birth mother’s requested characterizes or location (meaning they were passed over or not selected), we will open the available situation to non-member prospective adoptive parents from the general public who have an approved home study.
New York families – due to the laws in your state, you MUST be registered AFMC client to match and officially accept a situation.
What fees do you charge?
We DO NOT charge our site members a marketing fee if we bring an available situation to them. You heard that right! We skip adding our fee to the cost of the adoption as long as our client has a live AND complete profile on our site at the time the situation becomes available. This saves our site members THOUSANDS of dollars.
- For Non-members (meaning you do NOT have a live profile at the time the situation is posted) – Submitting your profile for consideration to a birth mom is $25. Additionally, if you match, you will be required to pay a $3,000 non-member marketing fee.
- Current AFMC clients pay a monthly fee of $125 (or less if signed up for longer time increments). They can submit their profile for consideration whenever they’d like with no additional fees.. When they successfully match, AFMC will waive the $3,000 marketing fee. If pays to be an AFMC client!
- A note for New York families – due to the laws in your state, you MUST be registered AFMC client to match and officially accept a situation. You can become a member HERE.
Do you ever make an exception for non-member regarding AFMC networking or finder fees? (Hint - YES!)
YES – We will waive adding OUR particular finder/networking fee for non-members in the event that a particular situation involves helping a child with special needs (or other extreme disadvantages) find a forever loving home. Amy Senior, AdoptionForMyChild’s founder, is proud a parent of a child with special needs and strongly encourages families to open their mind, heart, and home to children of all abilities and levels of wellness.
If the available situation come to us with existing finders fees attached (from another consultant, agencies, law firm), unfortunately we can’t remove those (because we don’t have the authority to do that)….BUT we will take the time to walk you through the list of adoption fees and explain what each of them means.
Transparency in adoption is VERY important to us.
What are the benefits of listing my family profile on your site? (Hint - There are lots!)
We’re Affordable! For small monthly subscription fee, you can make your family profile available to the hundreds of women considering adoption. Many of our families self-match (connect to the birth mom on their own) without the use of an agency or using us to notify them of situations…..which saves them THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS.
Be Notified First! – Current members with a registered profile get notified first before the public about available adoption situations that come to us.
Be Where The Birthmothers Are! We utilize our expansive adoption industry referral network and highly targeted digital marketing campaigns to market our website and waiting families to women considering adoption.
Private Messaging! This may be a confusing and scary time for birthmothers who are considering adoption. We provide a safe way to explore their options and enable them to anonymously send you a DIRECT message so they can get to know you better – without pressure from their friends, families or adoption agency.
*AMFC only steps in to help with adoption situations (like what most likely brought you here) when the birth mom feels she needs extra help finding the perfect adoptive parents. However, the majority of expectant mothers who visit our site choose to contact the family directly while they are viewing their profile*
We Help You Create a Family Brand That Will Stand Out! Every one of our waiting families have something amazing to offer their future adoptive child…but sometimes, they need a little guidance to help communicating that in a profile. When you sign up, our team will make personalized recommendations to help make sure your profile shows you off in the best light possible to a birth mother.
We DO NOT charge our current site members a finder fee or marketing fee if we bring an available situation to you! We will submit your profile to the birth mom for FREE – NO FINDERS FEES. PERIOD. After all, thats what your membership is for (well that…and to connect you with hundreds of birth mothers who visit our site and want to message families just like you on their own.)
YES – you read that right! If you have an active and complete profile with AdoptionForMyChild at the time an available situation comes to us, we will personally reach out to you with the details so you can let us know if you are interested. If you are, we will submit your profile to the birth mother COMPLETELY FREE OF CHARGE – NO FINDERS FEE. PERIOD. Your AFMC membership has you covered.
***Unfortunately…Non-AFMC members without a profile who wish to submit their profile for these situations can only do so after our members have been reviewed and passed over by the expectant mother (lessening their overall chances of being selected). They are also subject to a non-AFMC member marketing fee of $3k.***
**Important Information for NY Families**
In order for AFMC to work with you in any capacity (including situation referrals), you must be an active client. We want to make sure that you stay within the bounds of adoption ICPC laws. For more information on New York adoption law, go HERE.
Adoption fees listed on our site:
We are unable to remove any networking or finders fees that were added to the adoption cost before they came into our circle.
We encourage all home study approved families who are hoping to adopt to list their profile on our site so they can increase their exposure online, connect with expectant mother directly, save thousands of dollars, and build on the work of their agency (if applicable).
What we do and what we do not do.
Adoption for my Child (AFMC) focuses on digital online profiles and service provider referrals.
AFMC is NOT a law firm, adoption agency, facilitator or matchmaking site. We are NOT affiliated with any religious or political institution. We DO NOT arrange or coordinate adoptions. We DO NOT attempt to influence the outcomes of adoptions or final decisions made between the women and families that connect through our services.